Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harvey S St Clair has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 16
We waited for 50 minutes before seeing this doctor, which wasn't too bad as there was a little play station for my son to keep occupied with. Once we were finally seen by the doctor, he rushed in, did a quick once over of my son while asking me 2 questions. He had a "diagnosis" in less than 2 minutes, handed me a pamphlet and left. 50 minutes of waiting for 3 minutes with a doctor. I was extremely disappointed with this doctor and will not be seeing him again.
In a nutshell, my son broke his femur and winded up in the e.r while dr. St. Clair was on call. He spent the entire evening and next morning till around noon laying there because dr. St. Clair didnt want to come in. He wouldn't return my calls until I threatened to move his to another hospital. When he finally comes in he starts telling me what he is going to do, pins and bolts, when I ask for other options he is irritated. When I decide on a cast, he becomes belligerant and judgemental.
Dr. St. Clair has seen me from the time I was 9 months old until about 2 years ago when I turned 19. I was born with my foot on backwards and he has always done everything he can to ensure that things are as easy for me as possible. His staff is fantastic and everyone always answered any questions quickly, especially once I turned 18 and could call on my own and didn't need my mother there to ask for me. I was always treated with kindness and given detailed answers on everything.
When my son was 2yrs old he had a very tragic accident where his arm was severed by a lawnmower tractor, Dr. H. Sheldon St. Clair and Dr. Ivor Kaplan and left everything they where doing to come and do an emergency surgery on my son's arm. Do to the severity of the injury my son requires surgery every couple of years. My son is now 11 years old and even though we moved out of the country we always fly back for appointments and procedures. We are moving back to that area again next year since we are unwilling to change Doctors.
40 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
New England Medical Center
Dr. Harvey S St Clair accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCssg Childrens Orthopedic Sports Medicine, 171 Kempsville Rd Ste 201, Norfolk, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harvey S St Clair in this video.
Dr. Harvey S St Clair is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.