Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen M Spalding has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 76
every time I am there my visits are very smooth, yes the doctor is brief but she will explain anything I need to know. I had a bad experience only one time, the girl that calls you in to take your weigh and blood pressure, is very unprofessional and uncaring. I seen her many times having lengthy conversations while were are just waiting. This day in articular, she talk to another staff member for 30 min before calling me in. Even though I had the very first app, because I was going to work after, she called three people at the same time and call me last. When I was waiting even before they got there. She really made my experience horrible. Again, while waiting for her to finish her casual conversations. Other than that everyone is great. But if someone could have a conversation with her, that would be awesome. Her conversations and personal business do not come before patients time.
I was recommended this office by a close friend. I read the reviews online before booking and I felt uneasy, but I ignored that and chose to attend the appointment. The day before my scheduled appointment I received a call from the receptionist to tell me that the doctor I was scheduled to see (Dr. Spalding) was not available, but another doctor and a mid-wife was available. I asked if the doctor was female and decided to go ahead. When I arrived at my appointment the following day I was told there was no doctor at all as she had been called to the hospital to deliver a baby that morning, but I was able to see a mid-wife. I asked why I hadn't been called to offer me the option of cancelling and I was told 'that's our policy. You can wait for the doctor, but we don't know when she will be back.' I overheard the receptionist tell another irritated patient that there were no doctors at the clinic because the rest of them were on vacation. Why did you book me in with Dr. Spalding last week if she was on vacation? After waiting 1.5 hours to see the mid-wife I ended up cancelling the appointment altogether. I will never return to this clinic. I took time off work and can only imagine how frustrated the pregnant women, who arrived and were told there was no doctor, were. Dr. Spalding might be amazing, but the way the office is run it's not worth it for me.
Dr. Spalding is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Helen M Spalding accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSimon Weiss Md Llc, 4100 Hollywood Blvd Ste 2, Hollywood, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Helen M Spalding in this video.
Dr. Helen M Spalding is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Hollywood, FL.