Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard I Hochman has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Approximately two years ago Dr. Hochman performed surgery on me for a particular condition. As a 17-year-old, this was to be my first surgery so naturally I was somewhat anxious but Dr. Hochman thoroughly described what he would be going to do and went out of his way to put me at ease and I found the overall experience to be more manageable than I originally anticipated. Anyone having issues pertaining to urology, I would highly recommend that they seek out, make an appointment and let the good Dr. do his work! I have recently been experiencing some discomfort that resembles my first symptoms a few years ago and I was informed there would be a possibility of this fairly benign issue reoccurring. I actually have an appointment with him today and I'm looking forward to it, his effortless calming bedside manner and ultimately an answer and course of action that we will discuss. Comparatively to the first round, I am much more at ease and comfortable with whatever direction he takes me. Then again, it could turn out to be nothing at all which would be the best scenario but if not, I know that I am represented by the best
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
44 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Howard I Hochman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard I Hochman in this video.
Dr. Howard I Hochman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.