Is Dr. Howard J Luks the right Doctor for you?
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard J Luks MD
Dr. Howard J Luks, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hawthorne, NY, with other offices in Fishkill, NY and Fishkill, NY (and 1 other location). He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Luks is affiliated with Long Island Jewish Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard J Luks has 4 locations
19 Bradhurst Ave Ste 1300
Hawthorne, NY 10532
200 Westage Bus Ctr Dr Ste 115
Fishkill, NY 12524
200 Westage Bus Ctr Dr Ste 330
Fishkill, NY 12524
19 Bradhurst Ave Ste 1300N
Hawthorne, NY 10532
Book Online Now
Dr. Howard J Luks has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Howard J Luks has the following 20 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Joint Replacement
- Elbow Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Shoulder Pain
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Bone Fracture
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Howard J Luks - Posted on September 17th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Howard J Luks - Posted on September 25th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Howard J Luks - Posted on January 19th, 2011
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED WITHIN THE COMMUNITY
Self-verified patient of Dr. Howard J Luks - Posted on December 9th, 2010
Dr. Howard J. Luks is as professional and competent as you would want in an orthopedic surgeon.He easily engages his patients. Helistens to the patient. Most importantly, He presents pro & cons of various options. He solicits the patients concerns and gives realistic feedback. Bottom Line: I would readily recommend him to anyone!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Howard J Luks - Posted on September 30th, 2009
I have been seeing Dr.Luks for 7 years now. He performed my first knee surgery when I was 16 and 7 years later it is better than ever! He also performed two other surgeries since.. and was the only one able to figure out my nerve had died and needed it "lifted". Besides for being a fabulous surgeon he is a kind, caring doctor who will do anything he can to keep you comfortable and pain free!
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Luks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Howard J Luks Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard J Luks, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Hawthorne, NY, in this video.
Dr. Howard J Luks is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hawthorne, NY.