Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hugh D Melnick has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Hot Flashes
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Pituitary Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 51
I love dr Melnick before I met him i was disconnected from the meaning of normal life from pain and fatigue. He tought me about a the thyroid and its importance in our body cuz i really thought that i was going crazy. I took few months but its really working as he said "" the more i get challenged the tougher i get"" If you really suffering from thyroid issues go and see this man hes a really gentleman not just a good doctor. Love you dr Melnick.
Starting from the end, I was pregnant after half a year treatment. It did not work with other physicians , tried for 5 years prior to that. That is the major reason for my recommendation. In addition during the entire process Dr. Melnik's professionalism, personal and patient centric approach together with the overall practice level of service would be the additional reason for my recommendation. It did work for me, the only reason for us thinking to live again in the city is to have Dr. Melnick be my physician to have a second baby.
Dr. Melnick is a fantastic doctor!! He is the second fertility dr I worked with. The first dr I was with was more like a factory, Dr. Melnick wants to find the root of the problem and fix it not just try blindly to get you pregnant that will lead to a miscarriage. His bedside manner is [ar excellance. He is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and real. No question is too small.. He always returns phone calls. I once had an issue with a staff member, he was pleased I told him about it and took care of it. Just because a staff member does something unprofessional doesn't mean he supports them! He helped me get pregnant with the help of G-d, and I still keep up with him because we are so grateful for the precious life he helped us create!! I definitely recommend using him!!
While I think Dr. Melnick is very charming and kind on a personal level, I would not recommend going to him for treatment. He gave us two IUI's but never got a semen analysis done for my husband, which, when we did eventually went to another doc who had one done, showed that my hub had a morphology percentage that means IUI's are useless. Dr. Melnick also never checked my PH levels, which also turned out to be a problem. He suggested we go straight into IVF, which may end up being our course of action, but as we have now discovered, there were many more diagnostics he could and should have done before making that recommendation.
Dr Melnick is one of the best physicians I have ever used. He is a master diagnostician and got to the root of my problems very quickly. He has a full lab in his office and so many wonderful technicians at the ready to take blood, do a sonogram or give shots etc... There is very little wait for results. I was taking a new medication within a week and feeling 100% better!
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. Hugh D Melnick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Fertility Services, 1625 3rd Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Hugh D Melnick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.