Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hugo Castaneda has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hugo Castaneda has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 4
My experience with Dr Castaneda was horrible. I asked him if he could issue me a prescription for a new wheel chair since mine is over 10 years old and I have polio and severe arthritis. He recommended that I go with my old Dr to give me knee surgery which mentally I could not handle. But like the incompetent egotistic Dr that he is, he never bothered to ask if I was capable to handle an operation. His reply was that he âfigured I didnât want any helpâ; since, I did not want to get butchered by his golf buddy. He decided he would not give me a prescription. On top of that he also prescribed me more medicine that I did not need. Hurray for you Dr! I hope you made some good money off of me with your bogus prescription. Over all I would be aware of going to this Dr. and try to go with your parents if you do end up having to see this Dr.
- The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Elmhurst Hospital Center
Dr. Hugo Castaneda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsHugo Castaneda Md Pa, 343 W Houston St Ste 310, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Hugo Castaneda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.