Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John D Abraham has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John D Abraham has the following 14 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
Dr. John D Abraham is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Neglected in the waiting room
Self-verified patient of Dr. John D Abraham - Posted on August 14th, 2018
I had an appointment for 1:15 and it was 3:45 and I had not been seen. I think 2:30 hours is a long time to be attended to at a doctors office. 3 other patients had to re-schedule their appointment because of the wait.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John D Abraham - Posted on September 15th, 2016
Knowledgeable orthopedic physician who takes time to listen to his patients. Excellent and friendly manner. Receptive to suggestions in addition to offering good advice. My only problem is the wait time. Perhaps that is a problem due to overbooking. I would recommend Dr Abraham to anyone having conditions or problems related to his area of expertise.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John D Abraham - Posted on February 3rd, 2013
You will wait a LONG time. Bring a book, music ect. Noone minds the wait because as soon as the Dr. enters your room you know why! He sits down, takes his time, LISTENS!! I have been blessed by his care in my TKR. I came to him as I switched from a different ortho Dr. who did my surgery. I left him because he was so prideful & would not hear me! I have found an angel...and I will happily wait in his waiting room to hear his wisdom.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Abraham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1979
Albany Medical Center
Dr. John D Abraham Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. John D Abraham
Dr. Abraham, a specialist in sports injuries and joint replacement surgery, merged his private practice with Northeast Orthopaedics upon its inception in 1995. A Delmar native, he graduated from Bethlehem Central High School, and received his undergraduate degree from Colby College. He is a member of the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American College of Sports Medicine and the New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Abraham practices in all areas of orthopaedic surgery with special interests in sports medicine and joint replacement surgery. He is currently using the latest technology called "computer assisted surgery" for his total knee replacements. He has also been recently trained in a new procedure called the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing procedure. Hip Resurfacing is a type of hip replacement which replaces the two surfaces of the hip joint while conserving bone. He has been team physician for both professional and college sports teams in the area including the Albany River Rats (AHL), Albany Choppers (IHL), Albany Capitals (NASL), New York Kick (Indoor Professional Soccer), SUNY Albany Basketball and Siena College Football. An avid hockey fan and player, he has also coached youth hockey in the Troy-Albany Youth Hockey Organization for the last seven years and has served as a board member for the organization. Dr. Abraham is the former President of Northeast Orthopaedics and was named Chief of Orthopaedics at St.Peter's Hospital in January of 2007. He also served as the Chairman of the Medical Staff at St. Peter's Hospital from January of 2002 through December of 2003. He is the team physician for the Albany Academy for Boys.
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. John D Abraham is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Albany, NY.