Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jaime Benrey
Dr. Jaime Benrey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Benrey is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Benrey has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jaime Benrey has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jaime Benrey has the following 12 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Jaime Benrey has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
Dr.Benrey is a wonderful caring physician a great Dr for me personally. I am now having to locate another cardiologist due to I have been trying to make an appointment to see Dr.Benrey it is now my (3) day and no return phone call just to make an appointment. This is unreal for no one to return a call it makes me feel like my health is not important.
I have known Dr. Benrey since 1975 when he was a young cardiologist with 2 other doctors attending to my father. He later became my doctor. I referred my friend to him. She has had 2 open heart surgeries and we are pleased with the results. He has resigned from practice with Cardiology Consultants and I am devastated. He is the only cardiologist I know. I would rate him as exemplary.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Benrey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Jaime Benrey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHouston Metropolitan Cardiology Associates, 2000 Crawford St Ste 1700, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jaime Benrey in this video.
Dr. Jaime Benrey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.