Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James J Elist has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. James J Elist has the following 19 expertise
- Penile Prostheses
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Testicular Hydrocele
- Urologic Emergencies
- Penile Diseases
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Penis Cancer (Penile Neoplasm)
- Kidney Stones
- Testicular Cancer (Seminoma)
- Testicular Diseases
- Bladder Issues
- Male Infertility
- Male Circumcision
- Penile Induration (Peyronie's Disease)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Prostate Cancer
- Penile Implantation
Showing 5 of 395
I’m at the airport and wanted to make sure I thanked Dr Elist and his staff for his expert care and guidance. Thank you! From his receptionist to his associates who administered services and care, every person on his staff is sympathetic, understanding, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
44 Years Experience
Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1974
The Washington Hospital
Dr. James J Elist accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Locations & DirectionsDR JAMSHID ELIST MD, 8500 Wilshire Blvd Ste 707, Beverly Hills, CA
Dr. James J Elist is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.