Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About James M Atkins
James M Atkins is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX.James M Atkins has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
James M Atkins has the following 13 expertise
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Cholesterol Management
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
James M Atkins accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
More about James M Atkins
Dr. Atkins graduated from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas and performed his internship and residency in internal medicine and his subspecialty training in cardiology at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Atkins has had a long-term interest in cardiac arrest and the care of acute myocardial infarction having written several papers and chapters on these issues. Dr. Atkins has been medical director of the paramedic system in Dallas County for 27 years having stepped down in 2002. He is chairman of the accreditation body that accredits paramedic training programs (Committee on Accreditation of Emergency Medical Services Professions). He has also been involved with the National Heart Attack Alert Program of the NHLBI for the entire 10 years of the program and has chaired the Access to Care Subcommittee and the Executive Committee of the NHAAP. He is a Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and works as a cardiologist at Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas VA Hospital, and Zale-Lipshy Hospital. He has received special awards for his service in the area from the American Heart Association, the Food and Drug Administration, and the NHLBI. A past president of the American Heart Association, Texas Affiliate, Dr. Atkins was named an Honorary Life Member of their Board Directors last year. Dr. Atkins has also served a three-year term as President of the Texas Chapter of the American College of Cardiology, and he served as a member of the Board of Governors for the college.
Locations & DirectionsUt Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about James M Atkins in Dallas, TX, in this video.
James M Atkins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dallas, TX.