Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. James J Nackley II
Dr. James J Nackley II, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bedford, TX. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nackley is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Hurst-Euless-Bedford. Dr. Nackley has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James J Nackley II has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James J Nackley II has the following 12 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Peptic Ulcer
- Colon Cancer
Showing 5 of 26
Absolutely a phenom of a doctor..because his warm interactions do not seem to equate with any other doctor I have ever been to. As a former athlete with several athletic surgeries, a mom by way of 3 C-sections...I found his "bedside manner" to be EXCEPTIONAL-like we had been buddies for years; and instead of talking about symptoms that scared me to death I was rather at ease as if talking about who would win in a football game. Don't get me wrong..He is Knowledgeable and called my diagnosis before my procedure. He has a fabulous rapport, puts you, the patient FIRST. I was humbled on my visit as he learned about my late soldier daughter...I have NEVER experienced that magnitude of care. It was almost an emotional healing before the fact. When you are faced with the fragility of your own mortality, I couldn't think of any other "Doc" I would want caring for me. This was my second time with Dr Nackley, the first being in an emergency situation...and I felt the same back then. The only thing that changed was and I quote him: "I probably had more hair back then." Maybe....but at the same time you had a heart.... and if possible now, much more, HEART!! Thank You for being my doctor. I feel 110% at ease giving you my cancer concerns. You told me to, and I have! Thank you for your unabashed concern regarding the horrific journey I am on losing my girl...God Bless!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Nackley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1994
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Dr. James J Nackley II accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDIGESTIVE HEALTH ASSOCIATES OF TEXAS PA, 1600 Central Dr Ste 310, Bedford, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James J Nackley II, MD - Gastroenterology in Bedford, TX, in this video.
Dr. James J Nackley II is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bedford, TX.