Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Martin
Dr. James Martin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in State College, PA, with other offices in State College, PA and State College, PA (and 2 other locations). He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Martin is affiliated with Altoona Regional Health System, Altoona Hospital and Mount Nittany Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James Martin has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
The office wait was a little long but the office staff were very nice. As far as Dr. Martin goes, I felt as though I was bothering him and he was more interested in his little hand held computer and didn't hardly make any eye contact. He seen my past medical history and heard why I was there and just quickly made a diagnosis based on that. As far as a physical exam goes, he may as well not have bothered. I went there because I had had been in occupational therapy for over two months and wasn't improving in some areas. My occupational therapist also disagreed with his diagnosis! I'm sorry but my occupational therapist knows! I would never recommend this guy to anyone EVER! He doesn't care!
Dr. Martin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Altoona Regional Health System
Mount Nittany Medical Center
Altoona Regional Health System-Bon Secours
20 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University
Graduated in 1993
Dr. James Martin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Martin in this video.
Dr. James Martin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near State College, PA.