Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James D Shortt has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
My visit with Dr. Shortt was the worst experience I ever had with any type of doctor. His bedside manner does not even exist and what time he spends discussing options or answering questions was short to say the least. On my follow up visit the office did not have the MRI report and I sat for over an hour waiting, until they asked me if I would mind going to "pick them up" and bring them back. The Imaging staff told me they always have trouble with Dr. Shortt's staff and phones! When I did question his medical advice he was annoyed and raised his voice to me. When my husband and I tried to get more answers to his suggestions he told me to "go get a second opinion"! Which I did and am much better off. Terrible experience which I discussed with my insurance company.
Dr. Shortt was one of the rudest doctors I've ever met. He didn't even shake my hand and introduce himself to me when he walked in the exam room. He barely let me explain my issues before interrupting me with his diagnosis before he even examined me. Then he insulted me by saying he could see how bad my scoliosis was through my shirt and I was severely deformed. How rude! Never would recommend this doctor to any friends or family.
Rude and unprofessional. He insulted members of the VA health care system to me (a veteran) and called me a liar for forgetting to mention a possible pinched nerve which was seemingly to me to be unrelated to my current injury. Very displeased with his attitude and would not recommended him to anyone simply due to his lack of compassion and empathy.
Dr. Shortt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. James D Shortt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James D Shortt in this video.
Dr. James D Shortt is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Venice, FL.