Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Stirbl
Dr. James Stirbl, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Costa Mesa, CA, with another office in Santa Ana, CA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Clinical Pathology. Dr. Stirbl is affiliated with Mission Hospital Laguna Beach, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and South Coast Global Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James Stirbl has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Clinical Pathology
If you’ve ever provided a urine or blood sample, you’ve worked with a clinical pathologist — you probably just didn’t know it. They work behind the scenes in laboratories to examine bodily fluid specimens and detect substances or diseases. This means they're required to have a comprehensive knowledge of disease and what it looks like under a microscope.
They provide test results to your doctor, who then makes an informed decision about your diagnosis and the best treatment options for you. Without the work of clinical pathologists, doctors technically wouldn’t be able to diagnose patients as accurately as we can today. It's also worth noting that clinical pathologists are different from anatomical pathologists, who analyze tissue taken from a biopsy or entire infected areas as well as whole body parts.
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 10
If you enjoy being in a place what's English is second language - staff members children run about in the exam room area everyday / never see the actisl Dr. Get interrupted by the assistants boyfriend while she's taking blood pressure and temp ( he walked into patient private exam area- then find out on introductory appt that the Nurse practitioner is clearly suffering from Alzheimer's ( no joke) sits slumped down in chair and is so lethargic she's almost nodding out - I had a broken ankle and needed surgery thankful she not did try to examin me... Did ask me three 3 times in a row what happened...acted surprised each consecutive time that I'd been to ER - told me she used to work in a clinic with drug addicts so she's familiar with pain meds - after ankle referral sorted I told her I needed sleep study and explained why it was important- she laughed and said @ we don't do that here. Proceeds to give me mental health number ( they suggested I see pulmonologist as did insurance- I called for 3 days until I was finally told to get a referral I needed a diagnosis number for insurance- they called and also got the run around until finally being told she saw no reason for me to have one done ? Granted I was impressed by her sweatpants white doctor coat and pearls) she was most unprofessional person I've ever encountered- I should have run the other way when I heard the creepy circus Muzak playing on hold on phone. I would not have let this woman lay a hand or examine me... Worst experience EVER. CANT BELIEVE there weren't kids lined up at door selling chiclets and piÃ±atas - how they are in business is ponderous DANGER STAY FAR AWAY!!!
Dr. Stirbl is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Universitat De Barcelona
Graduated in 1976
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. James Stirbl accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James Stirbl is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Costa Mesa, CA.