Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James W Byrd DO
Dr. James W Byrd, DO is a Doctor primarily located in O Fallon, MO, with other offices in O Fallon, MO and Waynesville, MO (and 3 other locations). His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. James W Byrd has 6 locations
1001 Boardwalk Springs Pl Ste 111A
O Fallon, MO 63368
9979 Winghaven Blvd Ste 202
O Fallon, MO 63368
704 Historic 66 W Ste 201
Waynesville, MO 65583
102 Compass Point Dr
Saint Charles, MO 63301
1032 Crosswinds Ct
Wentzville, MO 63385
1780 Old Highway 50 E Ste 102
Union, MO 63084
Book Online Now
Dr. James W Byrd has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. James W Byrd has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 3 of 3
Didn’t Have A Good Experience
Self-verified patient of Dr. James W Byrd - Posted on December 16th, 2018
He seemed okay at first but it became apparent to me overtime that he didn’t care about me. It seemed like he wanted me out of his office as quickly as possible. He didn’t ask very many questions at all. The worst thing was that I received a wrong diagnosis from him that made me question who I was as a human being. I was confused and crying about it. From my personal experience, I cannot recommend him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. James W Byrd - Posted on June 20th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. James W Byrd - Posted on September 4th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Washington University School Of Medicine
Dr. James W Byrd Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- HealthLink PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. James W Byrd is similar to the following 4 Doctors near O Fallon, MO.