Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jane A Semel has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
- Retinal Disorders
- Retina Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
The place is inviting, staff is friendly, but they're a little unorganized. Won't say what procedure they had me under, but the waiting was pretty bad ( 30 minutes, even with appt.), the staff gets hectic when lots of people are coming in (why even allow so many in there at a time?) The costs are great, though. Probably won't find another that's cheaper and can actually do the job---not great---but well. I'd give the place a B-. Some of the optometrists are goofy, a little lost, so make sure you study up before going here and know what you'll need---that way you'll be fine. If they wont do a procedure that you know is standard practice, get out. That means they're either improvising, using another method that gets average, maybe even below average, results, or simply just want your money so they'll tell you whatever they want to---including their eye doctor talk that can scare normal people, but again, if you do your research, you can stump them. Again, like I said, kind of goofy.
Dr. Semel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Jane A Semel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSemel Vision Care, 390 N Sepulveda Blvd Ste 1100, El Segundo, CA
Dr. Jane A Semel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Segundo, CA.