Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey L Anker
Dr. Jeffrey L Anker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Anker is affiliated with Kaleida Health Buffalo General Medical Center and Mercy Hospital Of Buffalo. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jeffrey L Anker has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jeffrey L Anker has the following 12 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 3 of 6
Patient, kind and intense listener
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey L Anker - Posted on April 17th, 2017
First Psychiatrist who did not make me feel like they were pushing meds on me and shuffling me out the door. Very professional and thorough.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey L Anker - Posted on May 20th, 2016
Boulder psychiatric institute,1981
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey L Anker - Posted on February 10th, 2015
Dr. Anker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUNIVERSITY PSYCHIATRIC PRACTICE INC, 4955 N Bailey Ave Ste 130, Buffalo, NY
Dr. Jeffrey L Anker is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.