Is Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum the right Doctor for you?
Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum DO
Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Fresh Meadows, NY. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Appelbaum is affiliated with New York Presbyterian Queens, North Shore University Hospital and Montefiore Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 4 of 4
Saved My Life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum - Posted on May 20th, 2017
Caring and kind
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum - Posted on September 27th, 2016
Review after first time visit to Dr. Appelbaum office.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum - Posted on February 6th, 2013
A Warped Neuro
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum - Posted on November 27th, 2012
Dr. Appelbaum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
- Philadelphia Col Of Osteo
Downstate Medical Center
Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPROHEALTH CARE ASSOCIATES LLP, 5907 175th Pl, Fresh Meadows, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum, DO - Neurology in Fresh Meadows, NY, in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey C Appelbaum is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fresh Meadows, NY.