Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey M Jacobs
Dr. Jeffrey M Jacobs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glenview, IL, with another office in Glenview, IL. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Jacobs is affiliated with Northshore Skokie Hospital. Dr. Jacobs has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey M Jacobs has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Colon Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Colonic Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
My experience for a colonoscopy and follow up was outstanding. the doctor and the staff were professional, caring, thorough. This was my third colonoscopy in the past decade and the first time with Dr. Jacobs. It was by far my best experience for something no one looks forward to. I would definitely recommend extremely highly.
I scheduled a colonoscopy at Compass Rd Glenview office. The office staff were supposed to e-mail me preparation instruction for which I had to call three times and I never got the e-mail. When I had a question related to procedure price I was transferred to the manager, which was rushed to get off the phone with me, did not give the answer to my question and was the most rude person that I have ever talked to. I end up canceling my procedure before even getting the chance to see the doctor due to his staff.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Jacobs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1985
St Francis Medical Center
Dr. Jeffrey M Jacobs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jeffrey M Jacobs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glenview, IL.