Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey T Shapiro
Dr. Jeffrey T Shapiro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scarsdale, NY. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shapiro is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. Dr. Shapiro has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey T Shapiro has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeffrey T Shapiro has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
Dr. Jeffrey T Shapiro is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Doctor Jeff Shapiro is wonderful. I recently switched my doctor. I was a little hesitant to see a male doctor but, I am more than pleased with my decision. My first visit was for an annual physical. He was thorough, knowledgable, personable, caring and very professional. His office conveniently does full blood work, EKG's, and diagnostic testing. He gave me confidence that he will be able to bring me back to good health. After being his patient I can confirm that all the praise and respect are well deserved! I would recommed him to all of my family and friends. I am overly satisfied with my decision to change to Dr. J. Shapiro.
Continues to take excellent care of my elderly mother. Thorough, does what is needed immediately. Caring and pleasant manner.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shapiro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1990
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Jeffrey T Shapiro accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGeorge Shapiro And Jeffrey Shapiro Md, 700 Post Rd Ste 19, Scarsdale, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey T Shapiro in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey T Shapiro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scarsdale, NY.