Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jinny O Tavee has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Holistic Health
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Tavee saved my life in more ways than one. I was involved in a horrific car accident six years before I was able to see her. My life was not very fulfilling. I was stuck in bed 24 hours a day. I was in an unbelievable amount of pain. I couldn't walk or sit. I was going from doctor to doctor trying to find someone that could help me. I was finally told by several doctors that I was stuck the way I was and there was nothing anyone could do. This was until I saw Dr Tavee. She took her time to examine me, ran several tests, and diagnosed me. She referred me to a doctor that could help me and now I'm waiting for the 25th surgery that will get me out of my bed!! I am so appreciative for Dr Tavee and her expertise.
20 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Jinny O Tavee accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwestern Medical Faculty Foundation, 675 N Saint Clair St, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jinny O Tavee in this video.
Dr. Jinny O Tavee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.