Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John E Balthrop has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John E Balthrop has the following 16 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. John E Balthrop has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Baltroup,Did a double knee replacement for me ---when I was 64 yrs. old--.He is a wonderful surgeon ---. I came home from hospital 3rd day after surgery,--- walked up 6 steps into house.--- Also had Home care physical therapy ,-- which I only used for about a couple weeks ,--- but never had any problem ---, it is painful at first--- but it is so wonderful to be able to walk with no pain at all., I would do it over again if needed . There is no better surgeon .
Great Doctor, I have had one total knee replacement by Dr.Balthrop, and getting ready for a second. He is great in explaining your condition, giving you comfort in what you are about to encounter. His assistant Megan is the greatest, she returns calls faithfully, answers questions and is very helful in getting you the little things that make recovery and surgery better.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
41 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. John E Balthrop accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBluegrass Orthopedics & Hand Care, 3480 Yorkshire Medical Park, Lexington, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John E Balthrop, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Lexington, KY, in this video.
Dr. John E Balthrop is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, KY.