Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John A Bowe Jr
Dr. John A Bowe Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Brunswick, NJ, with another office in East Brunswick, NJ. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Bowe is affiliated with Monmouth Medical Association, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton and St Peters University Hospital. Dr. Bowe has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John A Bowe Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John A Bowe Jr has the following 4 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. John A Bowe Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 18
Dr. Bowe was fantastic when I came to see him with my 6 year old son who had just fallen off the jungle-gym at school and badly broken his elbow. Dr. Bowe dealt with both me and my son in a most calm, kind, gentle, manner, arranging for my son to be wheeled from the examination room into the x-ray room, on seeing that my son had great difficulty trying to move off the examination bed onto his feet. He gave me a calm and clear assessment of my son's condition, and equally calm and clear instructions for me to take him straight to the hospital for surgery. Unfortuntely, I had a bad experience with 2 members of his staff (at the East Brunswick office) that day, and I have detailed what happened in a review I have written for Dr. Steven Adolfsen, who operated on my son and cared for him on his follow-up visits, and with whom I was also extremely impressed with. Despite my bad experience with the 2 members of staff, I would have no hesitation in seeing Dr. Bowe again in the future.
This facility is horrible. The office stuffs are very rude/careless/insane and don't care about patients. I had a horrible experience with insurance. When I got the appointment, they said they take Cigna. Now when I went to see the doctor, they simply said no Cigna and treated us very bad. I am never going there again.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bowe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1973
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. John A Bowe Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John A Bowe Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Brunswick, NJ.