Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John B Emans Jr
Dr. John B Emans Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with another office in Lexington, MA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Emans is affiliated with Cambridge Hospital, New England Baptist Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Emans has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John B Emans Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John B Emans Jr has the following 19 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Spinal Fusion
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
Dr. John B Emans Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John B Emans Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Dr Emans is an incredible doctor and inspirational human being! He is highly skilled, extremely humble, and so compassionate. His expertise and skill is the best that there is, and his bedside manners are so genuine, and sincere, and honest. He is "in a different league" than other doctors. He truly extends himself for his patients and is the master of spinal surgery!!! His humility, and calm demeanor is therefore all the more exceptional. His patients are blessed to have had Dr Emans perform their surgery.
Dr. Emans is a phenomenal doctor. He took such good care of my son after a traumatic injury. He has a wonderful bedside manner, and takes the time to explain things to worried parents. Whenever I have had a question or concern, he has gotten back to me very quickly. Dr. Emans is a wonderful surgeon, and any child is lucky to have been cared for by him.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Emans is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1970
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. John B Emans Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John B Emans Jr in this video.
Dr. John B Emans Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.