Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John G Shields Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I have been a patient for many years. He has always done an awesome job of diagnosis, treatment, and cure of anything that has been wrong with me. My daughters and niece are also his patients. After many miscarriages, he and God are the only reason my niece has her beautiful baby girl. Recently my grand daughter and great niece became his patients. He is a family tradition that will carry on as long as he is practicing medicine.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Shields is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. John G Shields Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Group West Point, 747 Medical Center Dr, West Point, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John G Shields Jr in this video.
Dr. John G Shields Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Point, MS.