Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John T Mays has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John T Mays has the following 14 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. John T Mays has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John T Mays is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
After being told he coukd work on all joints, my son went there for a forearm injury. The Dr spent all of 5 minutes with him, felt his arm, said he doesn't do wrists, referred him to another dr for an Mri and surgery. Total time spent in office was an hour and a half, saw the dr for 5 minutes. Waste of time and money.
Referred to Dr. Mays by family doctor for back and leg pain. After waiting to be called (1/2 late) I was taken to an exam room and the nurse did her 5 minute thing. After she left the room, I sat in the exam room for over an hour and a half and not a single person came in during that time. When I went out the door to find a restroom, the nurse then said sorry it has been so long, he is really busy today. Guess my appointment didn't mean anything. When the doctor came in, I felt he was condescending and he did a very LIMITED exam. Gave me Rx for a steroid pack and said I would probably feel great when I came back in two weeks. Didn't want to send me for PT, didn't take additional x-rays and said before WE spend money on an MRI, take the steroids and do some stretching exercises and come back in two weeks. Took the steroids as he instructed and nothing changed with my condition. I was so distraught over this whole appointment with Dr. Mays that I decided I needed to go to someone else for a second opinion. The neurosurgeon I went to took additional x-ray and found that I have Spondylolisthese and they have set up an MRI. Won't ever go back to Dr. Mays nor would I recommend him to anyone.
Fix first problem with knee but after surgery still had problems. Had to get a second opion.
24 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Medical University Of South Carolina
Dr. John T Mays accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBone And Joint Clinic Sports Medicine, 2449 Hospital Dr Ste 200, Bossier City, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John T Mays in this video.
Dr. John T Mays is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bossier City, LA.