The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John M Pellegrino has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. John M Pellegrino has the following 1 expertise
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
Showing 5 of 39
Great doctor and kind staff.
I know Dr. John Pellegrino for 15 years already, he is very kind and wonderful person. After procedure/operation I received from him , he always calls back with results. He cares about his patients. I referred my friends to him and nobody ever have complained about Dr. John Pellegrino. His staff in Freehold office are wonderful and caring . After so many year of knowing him , I want to thank him for such a wonderful bedside manner.
Dr. PELLAGRINO is an excellent physician with an excellent bedside manner. I've been going to him for many years & have recommended him often. He also took care of my husband when he developed MBC. From the initial visit to the post-op exam, everything was smooth sailing! There's nothing negative to say about this doctor! Highly recommend!!!
I WAS RECOMMENDED TO DR. PELLEGRINO FOR A BIOPSY DUE TO RESULTS OF A MAMMOGRAPHY & ULTRASOUND. WHEN I ARRIVED, THE DR. EXAMINED ME THROUGHLY & ASKED ME TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. I EXPLAINED TO THE DOCTOR THAT I HAD A MORBID FEAR OF "NEEDLES" AND WOULD HE PLEASE USE LANACANE SPRAY BEFORE ANY INJECTIONS OR NEEDLES WERE PUT IN. HE BECAME EXTREMELY ANNOYED & SAID HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. I SUGGESTED THAT ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS CONTACT THE PHARMACY IN THE HOSPITAL & THEY WOULD HAVE THE MEDICATION TO SEND TO HIS OFFICE. HIS WHOLE ATTITUDE CHANGED TOWARDS ME. WHEN I WENT IN TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, THE WOMEN BEGAN TO GIVE ME INSTRUCTIONS & ACTUALLY HAD NO IDEA ABOUT WHAT SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT. I KNEW MORE ABOUT WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO TO PREPARE THEN SHE DID. I NEVER DID GO BACK AND HONESTLY CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR & HIS STAFF TO ANYONE.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
St Barnabas Medical Center
Dr. John M Pellegrino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- QualCare HMO
Locations & DirectionsBREAST SURGERY BREAST ONCOLOGY, 459 Jack Martin Blvd Ste 5A, Brick, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M Pellegrino, MD - Surgical Oncology in Brick, NJ, in this video.
Dr. John M Pellegrino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brick, NJ.