Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John T Burns
Dr. John T Burns, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery of the Hand and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Burns is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist St John Hospital and Tops Surgical Specialty Hospital. Dr. Burns has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John T Burns has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Ganglion Cysts
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Tendon Injuries
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Burns gave me the wrong diagnosis. He completely discounted the MRI results from St. Lukes. He tried sending me to physical therapy. After a second opinion and surgery the second Dr. found my tendon to be 90% severed. They had to replace it with another tendon since the other 10% was so damaged. Physical therapy would have only caused me more pain and money. Surgery was inevitable to repair my wrist after this injury. If you have a hand injury I highly recommend Dr. Maneesh Verma. He showed me the images on the MRI where the laceration was clearly shown. After surgery he called me personally to check on me. His staff is professional and prompt in getting my medication called in to my pharmacy.
Dr. Burns has a gentle, relaxed manner.Both times I saw him he was wearing the same plaid shirt and faded jeans. Staff mishandled the payment/insurance. I had a dislocated ring finger and he re-set the finger. He charged for every little thing he did. Charged $80 for therapy consultation when he showed me how to bend my finger in a splint. Then I was charged for another therapy session at the follow up visit when he bent my finger down. I thought that was the kind of thing that the care of the finger involved. Probably wouldn't use him again.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Burns is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. John T Burns accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn Thomas Burns Md, 14903 El Camino Real, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John T Burns in this video.
Dr. John T Burns is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.