Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John T Parrott
Dr. John T Parrott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Parrott is affiliated with Providence Hospital Northeast and Palmetto Health Baptist Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John T Parrott has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 49
The appointments that I had with this doctor were quite a few years ago but at that time, there was no such site. I was looking at reviews for another do9ctor and happened to come across this man's name. This was the rudest, most self centered, childish acting man I have ever met. He literally yelled at me for stopping physical therapy when the therapist told me there was no more that he could do for me with PT. Parrott said he was the doctor, not the PT or me and that it was up to him to decide what was best for me, althoughhe offered no solution. I was in so much pain I could barely walk and he proceeded to tell me that I was a woman and women had bad backs and to just suck it up. I left his office in tears and sought help elsewhere. There is no excuse for a doctor yelling at a patient, or being so rude when a young woman (around 34) comes in in obvious pain. Turns out I had injured my back, and with time abd stretching it finally improved.
This man is the rudest Doctor I have ever encountered! Does a poor job looking into your past medical records which he has immediate access to. This doctor couldn't tell me why I had back pain and then wanted to operate on me anyway. He could care less about what I had to say about my pain and aggressively tried to sell me his surgery and device! I felt violated and emotionally abused leaving his office.
I have been a patient of Dr. Parrot since 2008. He is one of the most carrying and talented Dr's I have ever known. He had done multiple surgeries on me and I would trust him to treat me if I require any other. He is one of the few doctors I trust completely. I would highly recommend him to anyone!!
Dr. Parrott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Sc Medical Center
Dr. John T Parrott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopaedic And Spine Surgeons Of Sc, 1333 Taylor St Ste 3J, Columbia, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John T Parrott in this video.
Dr. John T Parrott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.