Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John S Urse Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John S Urse Jr has the following 23 expertise
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Computer-Assisted Therapy
- Sports Injuries
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Mobilization
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Disorders
- Bone Fracture
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
Showing 5 of 40
Bilateral Knee Repacement
Self-verified patient of Dr. John S Urse Jr - Posted on February 1st, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. John S Urse Jr - Posted on September 14th, 2017
Dr. Urse is a caring, wonderful and skilled physician. Excellent friendly staff, I would recommend him to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John S Urse Jr - Posted on September 5th, 2017
Personal Professional Support
Self-verified patient of Dr. John S Urse Jr - Posted on April 18th, 2017
In addition to being very professional - he is truly concerned for my well being. He has stopped pain and kept me mobile - he doesn't recommend surgery as first option; he support trying least invasive cure and works with me to achieve success. I am truly appreciative of his and his entire staffs personal treatment.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John S Urse Jr - Posted on January 19th, 2017
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017, 2018)
On-Time Doctor Award (2018, 2014)
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018, 2017, 2014, 2013, 2016)
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2017, 2018, 2014, 2016)
36 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. John S Urse Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. John S Urse Jr
I grew up in Columbus, Ohio, and attended Ohio State University. I am married, with two wonderful grown children. I am an Instructor for Hip Arthroscopy for Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), and have a special interest in arthroscopic gluteus medius repairs for hip muscle weakness and pain. I am past President of my orthopedic academy (AOAO), past Chairman Department of Orthopedics at Grandview Hospital, past Resident director for Orthopedic Surgery at Grandview Hospital, and current Board member for the Ohio Orthopedic Society. I have ongoing research for studies in Simultaneous Total Knee Replacement, Use of Long-acting anesthetics in Hip surgery, Gluteus medius repairs, and Nerve blocks for hip and knee surgery. I have performed all arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs of the shoulder since 2003. I still play baseball, racquetball, and golf, and enjoy community activities and working with numerous local charities. I have Chaired charity golf events in Dayton for the past 20 years, formerly with Easter Seals and now Montgomery County Development Services.
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John S Urse Jr, DO - Orthopaedic Surgery in Dayton, OH, in this video.
Dr. John S Urse Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dayton, OH.