Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John I Waldrop has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
After going to several other doctors, I demanded workers comp let me see dr. Waldrop. It took a while, but I finally got approved for him to do the surgery! The staff was great, surgery was flawless and recovery was made short by the great staff at the PT part of the HC! Thanks for such great staff and such a wonderful doctor! I would recommend Hughston Clinic to anyone with a knee injury or any other ortho injury.
I have had both my knees injured. This Doctor put me back on my feet each time. And might I add cared about my pain level enough to have a special cream made up for me to eliminate my swelling, pain, and anxiety from the pain in my joints. His staff listens not just hears you complain about your situations during recovery and treatment. That's awesome in my book!
I have had both knees replaced (TKR) and a very detailed left hip repair in the last 12 months Dr. Waldrop did the knee replacements and I could not have asked for a better Doctor and easy hospital stays. No real problems at all with the knees. Two weeks out of surgery I was putting a new roof on my house by my self. So all in all I think the knees worked
Dr. Waldrop is a very good doctor. He spend time with his patients. I was reccommended to him by my grandmother and which she did great with her knee replacement he did.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
43 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Greenville Hospital System
Dr. John I Waldrop accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John I Waldrop in this video.
Dr. John I Waldrop is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, GA.