Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joi C Carter has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Joi C Carter has the following 11 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Carter is knowledgeable and friendly. A little quick in getting you in and out of the office, but I did not doubt her capabilities or judgment. Like other practitioners at Mass General, I assume she's been coached to tell her patients as little as necessary due to liability reasons. This is something I've experienced elsewhere at MGH. I tolerate it for black and white issues, including my minor skin issues. For my more serious and chronic condition (not dermatological), I chose another facility hoping I could have a "dog in the race."
She does not spend time with the patient. She does not care about the patient. She does not listen! She behaved like she wanted to be done with me and to move to the next patient. I don not recommnend her at all. I have seen more than 10 dermatologist all over the country and never seen one as bad as her. Do NOT waste your time and money!
I called for an appointment with dr. Carter in Feburary and was not able to be seen until mid-April. She was a friendly doctor, she listened to my concerns and basically dismissed them. She offered no suggestions or follow up information to me. I expected so much more then "that's normal" to every concern, I wanted information, not a smile and a nod. She was dismissive and I was very disappointed.
13 Years Experience
Dartmouth Medical School
Graduated in 2005
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDartmouth-Hitchcock Heather Road, 18 Old Etna Rd, Hanover, NH
Dr. Joi C Carter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hanover, NH.