Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan M Jacobson
Dr. Jonathan M Jacobson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Boylston, MA, with another office in Rutland, MA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan M Jacobson has 2 locations
148 Worcester St
West Boylston, MA 01583
Book Online Now
Dr. Jonathan M Jacobson has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Jonathan M Jacobson has the following 11 expertise
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Asperger Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Jonathan M Jacobson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Knowledgeable and caring.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan M Jacobson - Posted on January 12th, 2011
18 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Jonathan M Jacobson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan M Jacobson, MD - Adolescent Medicine in West Boylston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Jonathan M Jacobson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Boylston, MA.