Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joon Y Choi has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
While the office staff was at their utmost wonderful, the doctor is a horrible human being. I also noticed, and I could be wrong, but I doubt it, that the office staff seemed timid in dealing with him. I will explain why I think that. He was rude in the appointment, very aburpt. I get being quick because he did have people waiting. That I get, but my theory is, if you have no time for patients, stop taking so many on!!! In anycase, He has my medical tests to look at and looked at them very recklessly in the appt and diagnosed me. He would ask me if I felt pain and I told him, was hard to tell him because I was on percocet for the pain I am having due to fibroids. He then said, "can you feel this?" I said, "again, I am on percocet" so he exclaimed, "you already told me that." His bedside manner is worse than any doctor I have ever dealt with. He needed to look at my test results rather than poking on me all over the place when I was on percocet. So he diagnoses me that I need a laprascopy. Then puts into a referral. Due to lack of information, the medical group would not approve it. Needless to say, I spent endless amounts of hours dealing with insurance company while the doctors office said," nothing we can do!" Even though it was their negligence that got me denied. So anyway, with a ton of work and massive amounts of phone calls it came down to being the doctors office fault for not putting in the right information. So then the doctor himself calls me to say I looked at your results and found this and you need this. He was abrupt and didnt let me ask questions. Wanted me to make a decision right there with out answering any questions about getting a hysterectomy! I assume this pays more than a laprascopy. Then he hangs up quickly. Well I had lots of questions. So I called back on the number that appeared on my phone when he called. I thought it was his office. Well he ripped me a new one about how I should never call this number!!! I mean for like a few minutes solid really ripped into me about this number. Then finishes with, "what do you want?" I was crying by then so I just said, "I am not comfortable with this." He just said, "okay goodbye' This is a man I am going to trust to rip me open and rip out my uterus????????????? If you are a woman and care anything about your body, or if you are pregnant, I would go to someone with compassion! Dont let insurance force you to go to him. They are supposed to have other doctors. I am sickened by this man's behavior. When you become a doctor you take an oath to treat patients with respect and compassion. I mean you should anyway.
Very kind and knowledgeable. He delivered my baby. He was my Dr. on call Dr. and very pleased with his work. He walked me thru everything he was doing. Very patient in a very serious delivery. I was left with a 4 degree tear and episiotomy and he stitched me up perfectly. Wouldn't have had a vaginal birth if it weren't for him.
27 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
North Oaks Medical Center
Dr. Joon Y Choi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joon Y Choi in this video.
Dr. Joon Y Choi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.