Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jorge A Mondino has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Jorge A Mondino has the following 16 expertise
- Hip Disorders
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
Dr. Jorge A Mondino has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
I saw him after a very long time but since he now has a new office (right next door in the new building)he has brand new staff with other orthopedic associates, it was a day and night difference.The staff was very courteous, didn't had any problem getting my appointment. He is very soft spoken with excellent bed side manner. And most importantly i feel a lot better. The Physical therapy department is also exceptional and gave great care.
I was extremely disappointed in this doctor. As an Orthopaedic doctor, I think more is required than listening to the patient's complaints and history and instructing the patient to touch their toes and raise their legs. That is not a comprehensive doctor's exam. I worked in Worker's compensation for a few years and have read many medical reports and do not feel that this visit was indicative of a thorough exam for treating someone you have not ever seen before. He ordered no xrays of his own, took my word for what was wrong with my back, did not do any range of motion, strength tests of my back and did not even address the hip problems in any way all of which leads me to believe that he is running a "people mill". This is my distinct opinion from the way I was treated. He had a half way decent attitude but when I asked "is this all of the testing you're going to do he said yes, you just had an MRI 8 or 9 months ago and there is no need to do another. To me this is no less than "de-valuing" the patient's complaints After explaining my emergency room visit a week ago and what happened at the Chiropractor's office after getting off of the traction table, the most horrendous pain and burning from my waist down to the mid calf he simply told me that my bulging disc probably touched a nerve and caused that pain. I have never had such horrific pain in my entire life and was fearful that I would never walk again. He told me that every patient comes into his office complaining that they feel that they are the only one with this sort of pain but he sees it all the time and it's not unusual. He wrote me a prescription for Robaxin what I was already on. Told me not to go back to the Chiropractor's office because what I needed was four weeks of Straight physical therapy and gave me a name of a physical therapy office in my area. I'm still not satisfied nor convinced that he really tried to get to the "root of my problem". He did not do enough for my satisfaction. I am truly disturbed by this form of "non-treatment."
Dr. Mondino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Howard University Hospital
Dr. Jorge A Mondino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsJorge A Mondino Md, 6196 Oxon Hill Rd Ste 430, Oxon Hill, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jorge A Mondino in this video.
Dr. Jorge A Mondino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oxon Hill, MD.