Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jose C Ortiz Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 19
My husband had been a patient of a previous Dr. that left the practice. So we decided to stay with Dr.Ortiz. My husbands symptoms have been severe for quite some time. The dr. we had at the same practice before he left, could not find reasons and just kept sending him out to specialist after specialist and still no answers. Dr Ortiz and his assistant are LIFE SAVERS. Lab work was ordered right away after two yrs of nothing with Dr. Lozada. My husband had been in Renal Failure for 2yrs, while under the care of Dr Lozada. All the previous labs ordered by Dr. Lozada were in my husbands chart and Dr Ortiz wondered why we had never heard about this for 2yrs. Dr Ortiz admitted my husband right away, because the renal failure had worsened after 2yrs. My husband has Amlodysis which was discovered by Dr.Ortiz. We recieved a phone call when the labs where in about 1wk later that is how long they told me it would take to get results. We were asked to come in and not given results over the phone which to me is great because if we needed some type of medication adjustment or if we had questions we could get it done at the time of the visit and not have to wait for phone calls. Over all Dr.Ortiz is a great Dr. He saved my husbands life while the other Dr didn't even bother with a phone call to discuss the abnormalities of the labs, or if he even saw them. I recommend Dr.Ortiz to everyone. He and his assisstant make a great team. Another great thing, we are not sitting there waiting for several hours to get seen, he gets to the point and doesn't waste anytime. Who wants to be sitting in a Dr's office ALL day.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
16 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Jose C Ortiz Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Texas Internal Medicine Associates, 1303 McCullough Ave Ste 600, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Jose C Ortiz Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.