- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jose C Hernandez MD
Dr. Jose C Hernandez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salinas, CA, with other offices in Freedom, CA and Pismo Beach, CA (and 1 other location). He has 12 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Jose C Hernandez has 4 locations
1081 Los Palos Dr Ste B
Salinas, CA 93901
243 Green Valley Rd Ste E
Freedom, CA 95019
2 James Way Ste 207
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Book Online Now
Dr. Jose C Hernandez has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jose C Hernandez has the following 12 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Esophageal Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
Showing 5 of 5
Best Doctor Ever!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jose C Hernandez - Posted on January 9th, 2018
I'm 64 years old (though you'd never guess it!) and I can say without reservation that Dr. Hernandez is the best doctor who has ever treated me. He is not only very personable, but he is very knowledgeable and thorough. I honestly can't understand why two people gave him bad marks. My guess is that these are people who have 'special needs' like the need to have the world revolve around them. Anyway, I've never had a doctor spend so much time with me and be so concerned that I understood my diagnosis and all the treatment options that were available to me. He always asked if I had any questions and never treated me like he was only doing it to score points and that he couldn't wait to move on to the next task. I had to visit his office multiple times and I never had to wait an inordinate amount of time to be seen. Because he's not the type to be overly casual and 'jokey', some might perceive him to be cold or unfriendly. This is not the case...he has a great sense of humor, but he is very serious about his work. I always felt respected and treated as an equal. I highly recommend him. Oh...and he was concerned about the financial impact of my course of treatment. I had to be on some very expensive meds and he made sure that his staff made every effort to qualify me for a program that reduced the cost to pennies on the dollar. Excellent!
Listened to me. That's a first for my problem. He treats me like like a person, not just a patient.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jose C Hernandez - Posted on June 7th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jose C Hernandez - Posted on February 12th, 2016
El Doctor que te trata como persona.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jose C Hernandez - Posted on October 3rd, 2013
Yo he visitado muchos mÃ©dicos durante mi enfermeda y el Doctor Hernandez fue el uniquo pudo detectar mi enfermedad. Para mi es uno de los mejores que he visito. Tomo su tiempo para explicarme lo suficiente del problema que yo tenia. Lo recomiendo para todo tipo de enfermedad gastrointestinal.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jose C Hernandez - Posted on March 12th, 2010
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
12 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Jose C Hernandez Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Jose C Hernandez
Undergraduate: UCLA Medical School: University of Michigan Medical School Residency (Internal Medicine): Harbor-UCLA Fellowship (Gastroenterology): Mayo Clinic - AZ
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jose C Hernandez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Salinas, CA.