Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph M Austerman DO
Dr. Joseph M Austerman, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH, with another office in Cleveland, OH. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Austerman is affiliated with Wooster Community Hospital and Uh Cleveland Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph M Austerman has 2 locations
9500 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44195
Book Online Now
Dr. Joseph M Austerman has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Joseph M Austerman has the following 20 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Feeding and Eating Disorders of Childhood
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Joseph M Austerman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Austerman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Joseph M Austerman Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Joseph M Austerman's office for more information.
9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH : (216) 445-9169
9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH 44195
More about Dr. Joseph M Austerman
Dr. Joseph Austerman is Board Certified in General Psychiatry.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph M Austerman, DO - Psychiatry in Cleveland, OH, in this video.
Dr. Joseph M Austerman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.