Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph M Ferguson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 44
I recommend Dr Ferguson to anyone who is looking for a thorough Dr. My husband and I are long-term patients of Dr Ferguson for over 20yrs. He is polite, great bedside manner and up to date on practicing to his profession. The office staff has been cleaned up, meaning they're very kind to every patient and we have not seen one rude individual. We are very pleased with the diagnosis given by Dr Ferguson and he will suggest an outside Dr when he feels extended procedures are necessary. He is a caring Dr and takes great care for each and every patient of his. If you are looking for a Dr with great bedside manners, quick and thorough diagnosis, an up to date Dr,... then Dr Ferguson is the right Dr for you. Having been with him for over 20yrs, he still amazes us with his professional knowledge. He is definitely over a 5* doctor who is willing to treat all persons, no matter what. Heart of gold doctor. If your wait time is longer than expected, he will take as much needed with you. As you'd like. Excellent doctor
He takes the time to explain the plan of action and to get my feedback. He listens to every detail of what concerns me. He works with me and considers everything that bothers me . He will continue to work with you until you come to a resolution on the problem. Love this doctor!!!! He also works well with other doctors when you have multiple problems and visit multiple doctors!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2012, 2011, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2012, 2016, 2011, 2010, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
24 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. Joseph M Ferguson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFredericksburg Primary Care Pc, 2500 Charles St, Fredericksburg, VA
Dr. Joseph M Ferguson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fredericksburg, VA.