Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph A Grizzaffi Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Joseph A Grizzaffi Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Control
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
Showing 5 of 12
Dr Grizz was amazing. He treated me for depression/ anxiety throughout my adolescence and early adulthood . He counseled me, and helped me through the hardest times. I have to say that he was one of the most caring and concerned physicians that I have encountered. The only negative thing that I recall from treatment in his office is that his nurse was rude and did not return calls promptly. That being said, I feel that my overall treatment was excellent , and I would refer him to anyone who asked.
He really speaks to the kids as he would be speaking to an adult.He needs to try to get more on their level.I have to explain to my child eveytime he asks he a question. I feel like a translater.He has the rudest nurse, she doesn't listen to you or even relays your messages,or maybe he just doesn't return phone calls.I had an emergency and called to cancel my appt.they charged me $125. for same day cancelation!OMG I freaked.I told him that I didn't have the $ to pay for that & his responce was: we can work out a payment plan.Then they also charge $ for the FMLA paperwork that I needed filled out for my work so I could bring her to the appt.s I am not happy because my daughters needs are not being attended to, so we are in the process of finding a new Dr. We need someone that my daughter and myself can talk to.
30 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1988
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Joseph A Grizzaffi Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph A Grizzaffi Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.