Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph M Petersen has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Unfortunately this Dr was the admitting trauma doctor in ER the day my 71 year old father was involved in an accident. This Dr.is the most rudest, ignorant, arrogant physician I've ever met. He has zero compassion or consideration for a patient or family members. Roughly 14 hours after being admitted to ICU this man was in my Dad's room screaming & arguing with him. Literally in his face yelling. If he acts this way to his patient's when there are family members present, how does he treat people who are alone? His behavior is totally unacceptable and was removed from my Dad's case. I would not ever recommend this guy to anyone. Look elsewhere....find a doc that is professional.
Went for simple gallbladder with scope. He found he couldn't do it because of mesh HE put in for hernia repair. Had to have surgery. That was fine, sent home next day. 2 days later started leaking bowel from belly button where he tried with scope. Sent to hospital immediately for surgery. 2 days later he said I need to go in and make repairs. I asked what the heck he did 2 days before. 3 surgeries in 7 days. He punched hole in my bowel with scope. Took 5 months for incision to heal cause they don't close you with stitches or staples, you must close on your own. He is also very rude no personality or bedside manner
This surgeon is probably the rudest man I have ever met. Had my gallbladder out yesterday. Comes in first thing this morning to discharge around 7:30am took me off all meds didn't get to leave hospital till noon. Yelled and said I had poor planning because I didn't have my medications that the nurse told me I could not have. Even in consultation he was an awful awful man. I would not recommend to my worst enemy.
Dr. Petersen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Ohio Valley Medical Center
Dr. Joseph M Petersen accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph M Petersen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Martins Ferry, OH.