More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph E Strauss has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I met Dr. Strauss at AAMC when I fractured my femur. He was available, professional, listened to my wonderings and alternate ideas about my health while also doing the surgery. He was aggressive when it came to multiple methods to reaching optimal recovery of full mobility. He was always professional and personable! He's a fabulous doc!
Dr. Strauss spends time answering questions and appears to be truly interested. He is thorough and professional. I would highly recommend him and I trust his judgement. I am grateful for the wonderful care that I received.
Dr Strauss gave me daughter an emergency knee surgery as she dislocated every ligament surrounding her knee. He made sure a nurse kept me abreast of my daughter's condition during the actual surgery. After the surgery, he let me know what the complications were, and showed me before and after pictures of my daughter's knee. He made sure her discomfort level was taken care of by writing enough prescriptions to get her through her pain. He did an excellent job!!!
21 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Joseph E Strauss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Mary's Workmed, 15 Gracelawn Rd Ste 101, Auburn, ME
Dr. Joseph E Strauss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Auburn, ME.