Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph C Wu has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Wu was awsome. He performed surgery on my shoulder for a torn labrum. My shoulder dosen't feel like had a surgery at all. He is a great Dr and a good man. When speaking with him you do not get the sense that he feels like he is better than you are (like most Doctors). He was awsome thats all I have to say and I woould have given him 5 stars if I could.
Dr. Wu is a very nice man and very personable. However, I felt he was dismissive of one of my injuries (I went to him with 2 nagging injuries I admittedly had ignored for too long). I was told to just adjust my arm/wrist to avoid wrist pain (that has not helped). When going to a follow up apptmt for my other injury, he barely examined me. When trying to find a new PT (their in-house PT is overscheduled and disorganized- they lost my file), he would not provide a 'script to a new PT even though I had seen him 3 weeks prior. When I tried to schedule a new apptmt, he wasn't available for almost a month. Not all of these issues are his fault, of course; this has just been disappointing and fruatrating overall.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Joseph C Wu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenter for Orthopedics, 2200 Whitney Ave Ste 140, Hamden, CT
Dr. Joseph C Wu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hamden, CT.