Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julia Raber has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Julia Raber has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Julia Raber is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 54
Dr. Raber has been my GYN physician now for the last 3 years. I am writing this review because I have recently gone to see her twice in her new location in New Hyde Park. I'm happy to share i was very pleased with my visit. Upon arriving my first time, the office seemed very clean and organized. I was greeted immediately by the front desk receptionist who was very polite and pleasant. I was checked in promptly, and she was very thorough verifying my personal demographics and insurance information. I appreciated the extra 2 minutes she took to confirm my information because it assured me that chance of a future mistake being made would be minimal. I waited for about 10-12 minutes before being called in by the medical assistant. the medical assistant was very friendly, she sat me in an exam room and took a complete verbal medical history and vitals. She then instructed me on what to do while waiting and informed me that Dr. Raber would be in shortly. Minutes later, there was a knock at the door politely asking if she may enter and I was greeted by Dr. Raber. I LOVE this doctor! Not only was she very thorough in her exam but she took the time to explain everything she was going to do and check before doing so. She was informative and reassuring and I did not feel as though I was being rushed, which I have felt so many times in the past at other offices. After the exam, I was told to meet her in her office to discuss any further questions or concerns. This is a doctor a would absolutely recommend! Overall I was very pleased with this visit, from start to finish. I only wish that all of my doctor visits could be this pleasant. Dr. Raber is an exceptional physician who is clearly dedicated to the well being of her patients. I highly recommend this physician :))
I have been a patient of Dr. Raber for over 10 years. She is always detail oriented, has a great bedside manner, up to date technology so that many tests can be performed right in her office. Her staff is knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I recommend Dr. Raber to all my friends and family. Most are already patients.
fabulous gyn practice. her staff is phenomaninal and I would recommend her any one of my friends. wait time is short, she abswers all of your questions. extremely knowledgeable.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
22 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Julia Raber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJulia Raber Md, 1300 Union Tpke, New Hyde Park, NY
Dr. Julia Raber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.