Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie A Gavin has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Julie A Gavin has the following 13 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Natural Family Planning Methods
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Urinary Incontinence, Stress
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Uterine Bleeding (Hematometra)
Dr. Julie A Gavin has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Julie A Gavin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I switched to Dr. Gavin from a previous obgyn while pregnant. Dr. Gavin is amazing so knowledgeable and trustworthy. She put me at ease since I am a first time mom. Dr. Gavin is a God send. I feel so comfortable going there and have recommended her to everyone in my family and to all my friends.
I saw her in 2009 during my last pregnancy when she was with another physician's office. She was rude, rushed and very condescending to me, at one point even talking to me as though I were a child and tried her best to guilt me into a cesarean. I have a feeling that if you in any way are perceived as a "difficult patient" presenting something besides the norm that she doesn't want to deal with, she is most unpleasant.
Excellent doctor... with an exceptional bedside manner. She is very knowledgeable and considerate about explaining what things mean and how it can affect you... For example... I had blood work done from another doctor and she said just start taking vitamin D. And I did for a while then of course I was like why am I doing this? But, Dr. Gavin explained went over the whole sheet and explained any exceptions like... you're going to need to take vitamin D, start with this prescription b/c it's so low it affects your... yadda yadda yadda... then make sure your taking at least 4000iu daily b/c it'll just drop back down again... Well let me tell you respond differently to your treatment no matter how big or little it is when things are explained to you rather than just said in the hurry of your visit... I love, love love this woman... She'll deliver my babies until I can't make babies anymore than she'll just be checking on this old girl!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Gavin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 2007
New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell
Dr. Julie A Gavin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJulie Gavin Md, 3800 Delaware Ave Ste 108, Buffalo, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julie A Gavin in this video.
Dr. Julie A Gavin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.