Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie N Vaughn has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 20
First, let me start my review by stating that I work in the medical field. So this review is based on a patient's standpoint and from a person who understands how a doctor's office should be run. Dr. Vaughn is great. She tells it like it is. I like that she offers natural alternatives such as vitamins or recommends certain foods. Her office staff need training and an attitude adjustment. The medical assistant doesn't know how to take a person's height or BP. I was told I was 3 inches SHORTER than I am and had high blood pressure. I had Dr. Vaughn recheck me to verify my CORRECT height and blood pressure. The lab (located in the same office) lost my blood work results so I had to have it drawn twice! The front desk staff seem overwhelmed and rushed. You're not greeted upon arrival. You can stand outside of their glass window for quite sometime before being recognized as needing help. It's normal at this office to have to call back several times to schedule an appointment or to just get someone to answer the phone. The frustration that comes from dealing with EVERYONE else in this office may not be worth it to some patients. But this is a convenient location for me and it's hard to find a good doctor so I keep coming back. If I didn't like Dr. Vaughn, I'd try another practice. Dr. Vaughn gets 4/5 stars and her office staff would get 1/5 in my experience.
One of my co-workers recommended Dr. Vaughn. I was looking for a new Internist because my last doctor "was not seeing sick patients" when I had bronchitis. From the first visit I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Vaughn. She is thorough, kind, and caring. Her office staff is unfriendly, rude, and disrepectful. They do not return calls and when you ask a question, you are confonted and argued with. If you can get beyond the horrible staff, you have a wonderful, competent physician waiting for you.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Vaughn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Julie N Vaughn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOwings Mills Internal Medicine, 5 Park Center Ct Ste 200, Owings Mills, MD
Dr. Julie N Vaughn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Owings Mills, MD.