Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Justin Brown
Dr. Justin Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Neurological Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Brown is affiliated with San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Barnes-Jewish Hospital Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital St. Louis Children`s Hospital and UC San Diego Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Justin Brown has the following 2 specialties
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Brachial Plexus Neuropathies
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Tumor
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Nerve Transfer
- Nervous System Cancer (Neurilemmoma)
- Neurofibroma (Nerve Sheath Tumor)
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Peripheral Nervous System Cancer
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Showing 5 of 10
I was bounced around from doctor to doctor who couldn't figure out the cause of my drop foot. Dr.Brown redid the tests more thoroughly and operated last Friday. I already have great improvement. I can't say enough good things about Dr.Brown. He is honest, caring, straightforward and an excellent surgeon. I traveled 600 miles to see him and will return if I have any future spinal issues.
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Barnes-Jewish Hospital Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital St. Louis Children`s Hospital
UC San Diego Health System
16 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Justin Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Justin Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.