Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Justin O Schechter has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Forensic Psychiatry
Dr. Justin O Schechter has the following 17 expertise
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Weight Loss
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Sleep Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
Dr. Justin O Schechter is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
He has been my doctor for almost ten years. He is excellent. Beth, the office manager, is very efficient and helpful as well. His diagnosis and medication prescriptions have gone a long way in making my depression manageable and have also helped my migraine headaches which I've suffered with all my life. He is a superior doctor.
I have been one of Dr. Schechter's patients for over 20 years. He has helped save me on more than one occasion. He's helped me overcome addiction and has successfully treated my depression and bipolar disorder for years. I've been able to lead a mostly happy and productive life as a result of the drug therapies Dr. Schechter has prescribed. I feel blessed to have found Dr. Schechter and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone suffering from mental disorders.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
41 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCharles George Va Medical Center, 1100 Tunnel Rd, Asheville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Justin O Schechter in this video.
Dr. Justin O Schechter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Asheville, NC.