Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen Yan
Dr. Karen Yan, MD, FAAP is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY, with other offices in Bethpage, NY and Roslyn, NY (and 4 other locations). She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Yan is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital, LIJ Schneiders Childrens Hospital and Steven and Alexandra Cohen Childrenos Medical Center of New York. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen Yan has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Karen Yan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
DR YAN HUNG UP ON MY CALL. I called to get antibotics for a suspected ear infection of my one-year-old during the hurricane. I had no gas, no heat, no electricity and taking care of 4 other babies. Doctor gave no compassion and her response is to go to emergency room or urgent care and hung up on my call.
Dr. Yan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore University Hospital
LIJ Schneiders Childrens Hospital
Steven and Alexandra Cohen Childrenos Medical Center of New York
Winthrop University Hospital
North Shore Univ at Manhasset
15 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen Yan in this video.
Dr. Karen Yan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.