Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karl J Beer has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Karl J Beer has the following 17 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
Dr. Karl J Beer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Karl J Beer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
I am a 61 year old female experiencing excruciating hip and groin pain. Went to other ortho surgeons and was told I had bursitis. Was given a steroid injection and sent on my way. After years with no relief, I decided to see Dr. Beer and was told my hip was bone on bone, among other things. I had surgery and am COMPLETELY pain free. Not so much as an ache or twinge of pain. I just wanted to be able to walk for exercise without much pain. I can do so much more than I EVER expected!! And 100% pain free. Dr. Beer is truly a superior surgeon who has changed my life completely!! God Bless this man!
Good Doctor and Surgeon, but NO bedside manner.
Dr. Beer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Karl J Beer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsToledo Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2865 N Reynolds Rd Ste 160, Toledo, OH
Dr. Karl J Beer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.